Thursday, April 8, 2010

Racoons and Alligators

Wednesday, March 31

Today was super fun for the most part. I went to a place where there are flamingos, but we only saw a few fly by quickly and then they hung out way too far away to really see them (we could just make out a tiny pink line in the distance).

Then we went to El Corchito, which was great. We swam in “ojos de agua” (springs), saw a baby alligator whose name was Carlitos, and I fed racoons from my hand, and got bitten twice but didn’t break the skin, thank god.

Chester escaped while I was gone and Valentine had to get him. He was running around our street but didn’t go to the other road. I didn’t find out until long after I was home. I was soooooo glad he didn’t leave!

Chester had last shot tonight.

The bad part of the day was that for a few minutes I thought I could take him to Canada, but then my hopes were dashed and I know now that that won’t be possible. This led to me feeling pretty depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment