Sunday, October 3rd, 2010
So, after 5 days in Lima my mood is bleak, but my outlook is somewhat hopeful. My first day in Lima involved sitting in blood on a bus and many hours later realizing that and spending many hours trying to get the stains out of my pants and my brand new, amazing coat. That day was also the day of an attack against the Ecuadorian president, causing much turmoil in that country, and making me unsure of my ability to travel there. And, I was also told that my flight to the jungle will cost several hundred dollars more than I had hoped. That and several other annoying/frustrating things happened to me so far.
So, all in all, not the best beginning to my trip.
But, I am going to try to make the best of it. I am hoping and praying that my trip to Ecuador doesn’t get cancelled, and I will see what I can do about Iquitos. Hopefully I will get to go to both places. If not, maybe I can at least get a trip to Machu Picchu in there somewhere.
On the bright side, there is passion fruit here and great ice cream. But, as EVERYONE keeps telling me, I shouldn’t be eating too much, because I’m not allowed to get fat before the wedding! Ugh. I have heard that every time I’ve put food to my mouth, any time anyone in the room mentions food, or any time Ruth thinks about the wedding. I do not enjoy being told that I should stop eating or I will get fat.
But anyway, I’m hoping to make a nice trip out of this. I have to make the best of it now that I’m here, and I don’t want to go home thinking that it was a waste of money. I just have to figure out how to enjoy these countries without a travel companion, and find all of the enjoyable things I can do safely alone.
That is the plan.
That and lots of bead shopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment