Thursday October 22
I haven’t written in a while, once again. Tonight Ruth came home early and we chatted and she called Dean on Skype and we all chatted for a while. Then I stayed up and talked to Ruth some more. Now I’m wide awake, even though it’s almost midnight.
Today I assembled some pendants and earrings and cleaned some tagua. It passed the time pretty quickly!
I woke up with a migraine and spent a few hours in bed in pain. Then I unpacked my Ecuador donation suitcase and took out everything heavy and just chose a few things for the family and decided to take the rest out. I couldn’t take more than 50 pounds anyway, so I had to get rid of it. I’ll try to find someone good to give it to here, and Gabby can get a bunch of the nice girly stuff.
I didn’t do anything for TIG today, which is probably not good. We had an online meeting a couple of days ago that I attended, but I need to set up my own meeting with the editors, which will be tricky with my Ecuador trip in a couple of days.
I feel like, right now, I might not get to Ecuador. I’m leaning towards cancelling my trip. My friend that I’m supposed to stay with in Quito hasn’t written me in many days, even though I’ve messaged her many times trying to get her to confirm that she will meet me at the airport on the day of my new flight, since the flight date was changed by the airline. Also, LAN hasn’t confirmed with me yet that they’ve changed my passport number on my ticket, and won’t for a couple of days. I’m wondering if maybe it would be best to just cancel it and see if I can get my money back, and take the 15 day penalty on my visa here. I think it would be less than $20. But I’m afraid there could be other penalties for letting my visa expire too. I don’t know. I just feel like there are a lot of unknowns right now.
I feel like a giant ball of stress right now. I have no idea why it just hit me!
Anyway, today was a nice day. I got to chat with Ruth, which is always really nice. She complimented me on my business ideas, and thinks I have a good thing going with my jewellery business. She also really liked a new necklace I made with jump rings.
Last night Gabby practiced her flag dancing in the living room! I loved it! It was so cool to watch and kept me completely entertained!
Yesterday I also edited a huge paper for a friend in New Brunswick. After sending it to her, she said that she had sent me the rough draft by mistake and sent me a NEW one to edit! So then I had to edit her new version. It took me so long to do the original one that I wasn’t too eager to do the second!
This week has been very uneventful. I don’t think I’ve left the house since Saturday. No, that’s not true! Gabby took me to get groceries on….Tuesday. I think. Which was life-saving because I had nothing in the house to eat except Kraft Dinner and Mr. Noodles, and my supplies of both were dwindling.
So the next day I peeled strawberries and made strawberry yogurt crepes (delicious) and made pita pizzas for the first time since I came here (SUPER delicious), aaaaaannnnddd, I have become food obsessed again. I thought I was going to overcome it this time, but alas, I am still very much an addict.
Today I ate less though because of the migraine. I feel like maybe I’ve gained a little bit of weight since I came here, which is not good since my bridesmaid dress is super fitted and tight. With that in mind, yesterday I started doing crunches. It was also because I hadn’t moved at all the day before and I felt that that was super bad for my back. So I’m going to try to do more stretches and crunches, and see if I can find some yoga for back/neck pain.
Ok, it is late and I should get to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment